Please sign up by 5pm on Monday, December 10th. Pick up will be at 40 Gordon Court in New London, CT on Saturday, December 15th from 12-2pm.
Prescription glasses from the Native Eyes clinic will be available for pick-up on Monday, November 26th from 2-5pm at TotalVision.
1920 Norwich New London Turnpike
Any glasses that are not picked up during that time will be given to tribal council to distribute at another time.
Eastern Pequot Tribal Council
Distribution for the turkey giveaway will be at noon on Saturday, November 17th in the parking lot of the old longhouse.
Please bring any outstanding health surveys with you to drop off.
Members who received a health survey – please complete and mail using the self-addressed stamped envelope provided in your packet by Monday, November 12th. Members who will not be able to mail in their packets can arrange for drop off by contacting Alexandra Owens Keiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, Nov. 6th Election Day. Native Vote Counts!
Please text or call your families and share rides to the polls. Thank you!
“We recognize the inherent sovereignty of Indian nations and will work to enact laws and policies that strengthen, not reduce, the powers of Indian nations over people who interact with them in Indian Country.”
–Democratic Party Platform
The monthly membership meeting will be held on Saturday, October 27th, 2018 at 10:30am at the Bill Library in Ledyard, CT.
718 Colonel Ledyard Hwy
Ledyard, CT 06339
There will be a giveaway of sunglasses for members who were unable to attend the Native Eye Clinic.
Tribal Council has suspended all hunting on the reservation until safety regulations are put in place. Effective October 16, 2018
2018 Archaeology Expo
When: Saturday October 13, 2018, 10:00AM – 4:00PM
Where: Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center, 110 Pequot Trail, Mashantucket, CT 800-411-9671
What: Bring your family to the Pequot Museum for a day of exploration! Archaeologists and historians from across the region will share their discoveries. There’s something for everyone, from experts and professionals to enthusiasts and kids, don’t miss out!
• tour the Pequot Museum’s archaeology labs
• visit historical sites on the reservation
• archaeology demonstrations
• artifact displays
• kids discovery stations (hands-on activites)
• poster sessions
• flintknapping (stone tool making)
• and more!
• Guest speakers will include Nick Bellantoni, who will give a lecture about his new book, The Long Journeys Home: The Repatriations of Henry ‘Opukaha’ia and Albert Afraid of Hawk; Sarah Sportman and Ross Harper of the Public Archaeology Survey Team, Inc. (PAST, Inc.), Dr. Cosimo Sgarlata (Western CT State University), Katherine Reinhart (PAST, Inc), David Naumec of the Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center), and CT State Archaeologist Brian Jones.
This event will be held inside the museum’s Gathering Space with its soaring glass ceiling and acclaimed Native restaurant. There is no charge to enter the Gathering Space.
The deadline to register in person, by mail or online is Oct. 30 for the state of Connecticut. Residents can still register to vote through Election Day at a local election office. More information can be found using the following link: